Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Don't Quit Your Day Job

My old high school friend, the Under Cover Blackman, had a thread on his blog about (as he put it) "Non-singin' ass actors."  It was his third such post.  This time he featured the musical stylings of Terrence Howard, Robert Downey, Jr., and Jeff Bridges.

It got me thinking about some of the actors from my youth who had released really bad songs.  Sure enough, YouTube had videos of them available.  So here is Telly Savalas with "If" and then William Shatner with "Rocketman."


8 comments:

  1. Okay. Why is no one in the crowd laughing watching the Shatner interpretation?

    IMHO, No actors who sing list could be complete without Leonard Nemoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well it is a science fiction show. most of those folks probably hold Capt. Kirk in too high a regard to laugh. Now I am going to have to search for some Nimoy tunes

    ReplyDelete
  3. And why did they both think a cigarette would make it seem extra-sincere?

    Thanks for the linkage, Dick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you really call what Telly Savalas was doing, "singing"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problem on the link. Got to give credit where credit is due.

    I don't care what you call what they are doing, I just call it bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my gosh. I remember Telly's version but had forgotten all about it. What memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah, Sherry, but are they good memories or bad?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails