Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Zemanta for Blogger

Blog better using ZemantaImage by chucks via Flickr

I am starting an experiment with a new plug in to help with my blogging. The plug in is called Zemanta and is supposed to search for relevant links, images, videos and keywords that you can add to your blog posts with the click of a button.

Zemanta is available as a plug in for Firefox, which is the browser I use most of the time. It is also available as a plug in for Internet Explorer and as a bookmarklet for Google chrome and Safari browsers.

Just to see how it impacted one of my earlier posts, I edited my post on Barbara Boxer's desire to be addressed as Senator. It allowed me to bring in related articles and links. There is also a "reblog" button on the post that allows others to easily quote and link to your postings.

I found out about Zemanta while reading Blogger Buzz on my Blogger dashboard. So far it looks like it will be simple to use. I am sure there will still be a lot of manual linking and such, but it does look like it will be a time saver. There are a lot of features, and it will work with a lot more than just the Blogger platform. Check it out and let me know what you think.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. I just might this a try as well.thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure thing. it does not provide the depth of images or links for all my purposes, but it does add some links I would not think to add, plus it is a nice help on keywords

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails