Monday, June 29, 2009

Music Monday-The Temptations "Ain't Too Proud to Beg"

I was visiting the blog of my friend Intrepid Ideas and he paid his tribute to three icons who passed away in the past few days, Farrah Fawcette, Michael Jackson, and Billy Mays. He also brought into the discussion Elvis Presley, Luther Vandross, and Eddie Ruffin of the Temptations.

By bringing up the Temptations, it brought to mind an event from about 20 years ago. I was out with a couple friends at a comedy club in Greenbelt, MD. The comic (an African American) brought me and two more of the whitest white guys up to the stage. His instructions to us were to just follow his moves. Then he announced, "Ladies and Gentleman, The Temptations!" "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" blasted from the speakers. I am sure it was quite a site to see the three of us bumping into each other trying to keep up with him.

So, in memory of that night, for Music Monday, "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" by The Temptations.


Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. One simple rule, leave ONLY the actual post link here. You can grab this code at LJL Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.




6 comments:

  1. No video of the night in Greenbelt? Or are you just not sharing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope there is no video out there, though there was much less white in my hair and less girth around the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved the Temps and got to see them here in Pittsburgh when they were still hot and on top of their game. What a show! I'll never forget it. Thanks for the post and the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely Done... Don't you wish you had viewed the video a few times before jumping up on stage? Let me guess, you didn't read my Jay Leno post about sitting in the front row of a comedy show did you? What's this girth and white hair stuff? Signs of wisdom and prosperity... Good choice for M.M.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails