Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Case of Mistaken Identity

I am sure everyone has had the experience of answering the telephone and having it been a wrong number. Most of the time you don't get a return call, but every now and then you run across somebody who is convinced they have the correct number. No matter how hard you try, you just can't convince them they are wrong.

Well with all of the various forms of communication, there are so many more ways for this to happen. Yesterday, I was sitting in my office when I felt my Blackberry Storm vibrate and signal I had a text message. I did not recognize the number, but responded in case it was somebody I did know. Here is the exchange of text verbatim:

Txt: Come back

Me: Where?

Txt: Room

Me: who is this?

Txt: Jamie

Me: I do not know a Jamie

Txt: Bitch stop playing

At this point I did not respond and received no other text messages from this person. I thought they finally figured out that I was not the person they thought I was. I was wrong. This morning I received the following texts:

Txt: Where u at

Txt: U got to come get me

Txt: Txt me now

Me: You got the wrong number

Txt: This is jamie bitch

Txt: This is jamie bithch

Txt: Young get the fuck up and come 2 super 8 an get me

Txt: What the fuck u going i need u 2 come now asap

Me: Dude u r shit outta luck cuz I don't know who the fuck u r

Txt: Bitch its jamie stop the dum shit young what the fuck

Txt: Bitch its jamie stop the dum shit young what the fuck

Me: Look you dumb fuck. I keep telling u that I don't know who the fuck you are but you are just too stupid to get it. I am not who u think I am

That was a little over an hour ago, and I have not gotten another text from Jamie. I can only surmise that Jamie and this mystery person were in the Super 8 yesterday and probably had some sort of disagreement. Mystery person left and poor Jamie is stranded at the Super 8. Let's hope that Jamie finally got a clue and was able to get in touch with the right person.

2 comments:

  1. Funny. One morning I got a couple of wrong numbers on my cell phone from some guy named Jim. Later that morning, I got another call from an angry guy saying, "why you steal my phone?" I was like, "dude, I have no idea what you're talking about." I hung up, and he called back. I finally got a clue when I realized that the number that he was calling from was very similar to mine. The guy made a typo when he forwarded his home phone to his cell phone, and I was getting all of his home calls. Somehow he interpreted that as me having "stolen" his phone. The guy wasn't bright, and it took some explaining. He was laughing by the end of the conversation, and I told him, "oh, by the way. Jim called."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours is pretty funny too, neighbor. I am in Bowie as well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails