Monday, February 9, 2009

Top 5 Things That Irked Me Today


Maybe I am just getting old, but I seem to be getting more cranky and little things seem to irk me more and more.  Today was just one of those days that seemed to really irk me, so here are the top 5 things that more or less pissed me off today.  Some of these (OK most of them) are pretty petty, but so be it.
  1. I got in the elevator this morning from our parking garage.  There was nobody else in the elevator with me.  However, a previous passenger had so much perfume on that she left her scent in the elevator for the next person.  Perfume/after shave is supposed to be subtle, not overpowering.
  2. If you work in a cubicle farm like I do, for God's sake try to keep the volume level down in consideration of others around you.  I should not hear every word you say in every phone conversation you have during the day.
  3. People who cut me off in stop and go traffic.  I mean really.  None of the lanes are moving very quickly.  Why do you have to cut me off to move forward an extra two car lengths.  Are you really going to get there any more quickly?
  4. I have always viewed walking down the hallway the same as I view driving on the road.  This is America and we drive on the right hand side of the road.  Consequently, I think we should walk on the right hand side of the hallway.  Why are there so many people in my office that walk on the wrong side of the hall causing me to have to move to the side to avoid running into them?
  5. I needed to stop at the grocery store on the way home tonight.  As is typical, there were not enough cashiers manning the registers.  No big deal.  I do not mind using the self checkout that is available.  However, one of the items I wanted to purchase could not be purchased at self checkout.  So, Mr. Retailer, either have enough cashiers to handle the customers, or allow me to make all of my purchases at the self checkout without having to make another stop at customer service.  

2 comments:

  1. Shucks! You couldn't get that six pack of beer through the self-check out either? Chaps my hide! I could ad a few to your list but I'll spare your readers. :) Rant on brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Unfortunately, they don't sell beer in my grocer. There have been a couple things I could not get at the self checkout. One time it was a gift card, another time it was an instant redeemable coupon on a package of meat. I imagine I would not be able to buy cold medicine either.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails