Sunday, February 22, 2009

Music Monday-Damn Yankees "Coming of Age"

In 1989, Tommy Shaw of Styx, Jack Blades of Night Ranger, and Ted Nugent joined forces to create the band Damn Yankees.  Their self titled debut album went double platinum in 1990.  I never got to see Damn Yankees, though I did see Jack Blades when he toured with Night Ranger, and I saw Tommy Shaw when he toured with Styx and at the 9:30 Club in DC when he released his solo album.  I really felt the need to rock out, so here is Damn Yankees with "Coming of Age." 


Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. One simple rule, leave ONLY the actual post link here. You can grab this code at LJL Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.




6 comments:

  1. "I saw Tommy Shaw when he toured with Styx and at the 9:30 Club in DC when he released his solo album."

    Not familiar with this club. Where is it? Is it still open?

    You Rocked out for sure. Nice choice. Nothing like the Styx sound huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. awsome song choice I used to love damn yankees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Damn Yankees especially High Enough. I played their tape so much I had to get a knew one. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, glad everyone like it.

    Intrepid-9:30 Club is still open, on V Street in NW DC. Very small and intimate club. Standing room only. If UBM was still in town he would probably be there Friday night to see George Clinton and P-Funk

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails