Saturday, February 7, 2009

FairTax-Part 1

Earlier this week, I finally received the last tax form I needed to complete my taxes.  Fortunately, I am getting both a state and federal tax refund.  

While it is nice to get a refund on my taxes, I would rather have all the money I earn in my pocket.  The FairTax accomplishes that.  I first heard about the FairTaxwhen I read Neal Boortz's book "Somebody's Gotta Say It."

I wanted to see if I would really benefit by the FairTax, so I used the FairTax Calculator.  According to the calculator, if the FairTax were implemented, I would have 4.34% more spendable income, $1763 more purchasing power, and $2198 less in Federal Taxes.  

I would encourage you to try out the FairTax Calculator.  If you find like I did that you would benefit from the FairTax, write your Congressman and ask them to support the FairTax.    

3 comments:

  1. with reguards to the comment you wrote about the Monkees,check out my latest post.it a scream or at least I think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the heads up, Mike. I almost missed that one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I have started to examine the pros and cons of the FairTax. I would welcome comments from both sides of the debate. Thanks!
    Ken Spitze
    www.politicalandeconomicnumbers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails