Sunday, February 22, 2009

2nd Amendment

The second amendment of the United States Constitution states: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."  Liberals and Conservatives probably debate the meaning of this amendment more than any other.  Conservatives interpret the amendment to provide the right of the individual to bear arms.

Let me say, that I do not own a gun.  Never have, probably never will.  Quite frankly they make me a little nervous.   Having said that, I would never want to infringe on the right of law abiding citizens to own weapons.  I do believe that anybody who wants to own a gun should be required to take a firearms safety course and undergo a background check.  I would have no problem if the state required a licensing test to own a gun.  You have to show the ability to drive a car, and you should be able to demonstrate the ability to handle a firearm responsibly.  

This is not intended to be a comprehensive argument for owning guns.  That is well beyond me.  However, if any of the male readers need another compelling argument for the right to bear arms, I submit the video below.  In the spirit of full disclosure, even though those are my views on the subject, all of the above is really an excuse to post the video below.  I can be so shallow sometimes.

4 comments:

  1. Oh that's really bad. How could you stoop so low to argue your point? Okay, I'm convinced. Women (hotties) should have the right to bear arms. And bear legs. And Bare anything else that comes to mind. Joking aside. I'm a gun ownership advocate. I just draw the line at assault weapons, RPG's and Bazooka's. When the criminals can be armed better than the law enforcement officials, we have a problem. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, glad you liked it. I really can not see the need for a citizen to own an AK-47. I do believe the bumper sticker slogan that if you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns. Lets face it, if you are criminally inclined, you probably won't care that a gun is against the law

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing those 2nd.Amendment babes shoot hot lead...well, it puts lead in my pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and who said the Constitution wasn't sexy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails