Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Little Something On The Side

In today's economy, I fully understand the need for somebody to have a part time job.  I have had part time jobs in addition to my full time positions for most of my adult life.  So I do not begrudge Amber Carter of Ohio for having a part time job to supplement her income as a 4th grade teacher.  After all, we all know that teaching is not the most lucrative career.

Ms. Carter's choice of a part time job has gotten her into a little bit of hot water.  Ms. Carter was arrested and charged with prostitution.  In addition, she is accused of using the school's computer to arrange for her "dates," and using a half day of sick leave to go meet her potential client.

In all seriousness though, I do not have a problem with Ms. Carter's alleged part time activities.  I think there are far more serious offenses in the world for the police to use their resources.  In my opinion, as long as the parties are willingly participating in the activity, that it should be regulated and taxed for the safety of those involved.  About the only problem I really have with the Amber Carter case is using the school computer for her activities and letting her part time job interfere with her ability to perform her full time vocation. 

4 comments:

  1. Yep... The oldest profession. I do believe they had a vote in San Francisco last Fall to legalize prostitution. I'm not sure how the vote turned out. Perhaps if they made it legal in her state she could quit her day job. Good story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be a great way for the government to raise money. First, they could force you to pay for a license. Plus, I am sure that most, if not all, of that income goes unreported, so now you can add additional income tax revenues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope she didn't charge very much. A roll of dimes should have gotten a weeks worth with her looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. true. Makes me wonder if she included pics in her ad or if it was just a text ad. Then again, there are all kinds of tastes out there

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails