Thursday, May 3, 2012

Saving Star

I recently discovered a service that could help me save a little bit of money on the things I buy each week at the grocery store.  We do not get a newspaper here at the house.  We usually do not read it and it would go to waste.  The one thing that I do miss on occasion are the coupons that come in the Sunday paper each week.  I have even considered signing up for the Sunday paper again just for the coupons.

To be perfectly honest though, even when I did get the paper I did not use coupons as often as I should have.  Most of the coupons I use are those that were the instant redeemable type that are attached to products in the store or those that are in those little coupon dispensers in the aisle.  I like things that are simple and convenient, and sometimes clipping coupons seemed a little too much like work,

The new service that I found is called Saving Star and it makes saving simple.  Saving Star ties in with any retailer loyalty card programs that you may have.  Of course, not all retailers are participating, but I am lucky that four retailers that I deal with are part of the program, including the grocery store where I do the bulk of my grocery shopping.

After you register your various loyalty cards, you can choose between a variety of electronic coupons that can be tied to your various cards.  Unlike a traditional coupon, the coupon isn't taken off of the total of your order. Instead, when you purchase the product from your list of coupons, the savings gets credited into your account. When your balance reaches $5, you can request a payout into either your bank or paypal account or get an Amazon gift card.

I have only been a member for a couple of weeks now.  I have already had $1.40 deposited in my account. Currently, I have 9 ecoupons on my account with a potential $14.65 in savings.  All told, there are currently 30 ecoupons available for $32 in savings.  New coupons become available every couple of days.  They even have an app available for your iPhone or Android phone.

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails