Sunday, July 17, 2011

Swimming Pool Memories

backyard swimming poolImage via WikipediaDuring these hot summer months, I sure do miss having access to a swimming pool.  There is nothing better during a hot day than splashing around in a pool.  Unless of course it is sipping on an ice cold gin and tonic after you get out of the pool and you are sitting in the sun drying off.

It has been several years since I have had regular access to a swimming pool.  I think the last pool that I went to on a regular basis was 20 years ago when I was rooming with my younger brother and his townhouse complex had a pool.

Belonging to a community or public pool has its benefits, but it also has its issues.  The great thing about a public pool is that you don't have to deal with all of the maintenance that goes with having your own pool.  Unfortunately, you also don't have the privacy that you would have if you had your own pool.

I have had a few friends who had their own private pools.  We had a lot of fun whenever we would all get together for a pool party.  We could do whatever we wanted to, within the bounds of common sense, and not have to worry about sharing the pool with others.  If we wanted to play a little pool volleyball, we didn't have to worry about getting in anybody's way.

If I ever had the opportunity to do so, I would choose to have my own swimming pool.  Not only do you have the freedom to do what you want in your own pool, you aren't tied to the schedule of the public pools of Memorial Day to Labor Day.  You can swim as early or as late in the season as you want.  With your own pool, it would be necessary to find a source of supplies such as chemicals and winter pool covers when it is finally too cold to swim.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails