Wednesday, September 8, 2010

This Just Doesn't Seem to be My Day

Longer maceration at high temperature can brin...Image via WikipediaThere are some days when you just think you would be better off just staying in bed.  Yesterday happened to be one of those days.  I am going to show my age a little bit, but yesterday reminded me of the old Monkees song, "This Just Doesn't Seem to be My Day."  The song starts off "Well I guess I should have stayed in bed.  My pillow wrapped around my head."  The song is embedded below.

The day started fairly innocuously.  Traffic was a little heavier than usual due to the end of the three day weekend and all school systems in the area back in action.  Still, I was making pretty good pace to the office.  I got to my exit about 8:30 only to discover that the police had blocked off all the exits.  Fortunately, I had my Garmin in the car.  Unfortunately, the alternate route got me to the office 40 minutes later.

Turns out, some asshole decided that if he couldn't have the girl, nobody could.  After his girlfriend broke up with him last week, and got a protection order against him, Joshua Prince allegedly took a shot at her with a high powered rifle.  Fortunately he missed her, and she was unharmed.  Unfortunately his selfish act created a major hassle for commuters in the areas.  He later surrendered to police in Pennsylvania.  Why is it that dumb fucks like this guy, or people who threaten to jump off bridges always do it during rush hour so as to inconvenience the greater number of people?

The rest of the day was fairly uneventful.  Traffic was pretty light for the evening rush hour, and I got home fairly quickly.  I decided to unwind with a couple glasses of wine.  I took a swig of wine, and felt something in my mouth.  I was snacking, so I didn't think too much of it.  However, I decided to spit out what was in my mouth and discovered a fly.  It apparently had landed in my glass of wine.  It either drowned, or was too drunk to fly away.  Either way, I didn't bother to finish that particular glass of wine.  Instead, I went upstairs to find a bottle of Listerine to rinse my mouth out.  Truly not the best of days.




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails