Sunday, September 19, 2010

Quality Customer Service

Safelite Autoglass, BoiseImage by markhillary via Flickr
I started working when I was 15 years old.  My first job was in retail.  At a very early age, I was instilled with the importance of providing good customer service.  So, I have an idea of how I would expect to be treated when I am the customer.  Unfortunately these days, it is becoming harder and harder to find good customer service.  That is why when I encounter an example of good customer service, I like to call attention to it.


Friday afternoon, my wife called me to tell me there was a large crack in the windshield of her car.  I called our insurance company, but unfortunately the crack was too large to be repaired with a sealant and would need to be replaced.  My insurance company has an arrangement with Safelite Autoglass for windshield repairs, so they made an appointment for me to get the windshield replaced.

My appointment was scheduled for 1:30PM on Saturday afternoon.  I was a little hesitant about a Saturday afternoon appointment because most of my experiences in getting auto repairs done is that you rarely get taken in at your appointed time, and the work is rarely finished in the promised amount of time.  Plus I was supposed to deliver pizza last night, so was afraid of being pushed for time.  Shortly after 11:30 yesterday morning, I received a call from the Safelite branch where I had an appointment.  They said they could take me in early if I could get there.  So far off to a good start.  I headed out to the shop. 

On a side note, I have to admit that as I rapidly approach the age of 50, there are aspects of today's youth that escape me.  On the way to the shop, I saw a young man running across the street.  He had to hold on to his pants to keep them from falling down.  I don't understand the style of wearing the droopy drawers half way down your backside.  What is the point if you have to hold on them to keep them from falling down when you are jogging across the street?  Buy a pair of pants that fit and a damn belt!

I arrived at the shop shortly after noon and was told that they would be doing a preliminary inspection of the vehicle.   Within 15 minutes, a technician came out to tell me what they would be doing and that it would take about 60-90 minutes to complete the work.  By 1:30, I was sitting in the car and headed home.

I hope that I don't have to get another windshield replaced any time soon.  If I do, I will be sure to take it to Safelite.  They gave me an appointment, and not only kept it, but took me in early.  Then they completed the work in the time frame they promised.  Truly an example of excellent customer service.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails