Monday, October 3, 2011

Music Monday-Eric Clapton & Wynton Marsalis "Layla"

About a month or so ago, my younger brother alerted me to a CD and DVD release by two of my favorite artists, Eric Clapton and Wynton Marsalis.  While on the surface, it may sound like an odd combination of a British Rock and Blues legend, and a traditional American Jazz icon, the two share the Majesty of the Blues.  It is a CD and DVD I will have to pick up.  Here they are playing my all time favorite Clapton song, Layla. The first couple minutes are Clapton talking to the crowd, but once the music starts, OMG.

Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.

PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

  1. OMG is right..
    I love it!
    Happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was enjoyable to watch,thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually, I'm just like what Clapton says in the introduction, "jazz is too sophisticated for me." That's why I prefer blues. Simple and raw, the way I like it. :)
    But this collaboration sounds cool too. And Clapton still really has his magic on the guitar.

    Have a great day and happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love coming here to see what you have each Monday. This arrangement of 'Layla' is unbelievable now I want the cd too. I've always loved this song and now even more. Sappy as I may be (and I am) the love he has for Layla makes you want a man to love you just like that! Ok your a guy so overlook this. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Wikipedia on Layla. Never knew the background to this song and now it means more to me than before. Thanks, Dickster for putting up with my rambling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. no problem Cloris. Having been a big Beatles fan and knowing that Clapton and Harrison were such good friends makes the story behind the song so intriguing

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails