Sunday, September 25, 2011

Herman Cain Wins Florida Straw Poll

Herman CainImage via WikipediaLast night, I was doing my usual Saturday night gig of delivering pizzas.  Unfortunately for me, we were not very busy, so I did not make a lot of money.  As the night was dragging on, I decided to take a look at a few sites on my phone when I saw that Herman Cain won yesterday's GOP straw poll in Florida.  Not only did he win, he won handily.

I have been a Herman Cain fan for a few years now.  His candidacy is one that I have been watching with particular interest.  There have been very few politicians out there that I can say that I like and trust.  The fact that Cain is not a politician is one of the reasons that I have an interest in hearing what he has to say.  It is also one of the few drawbacks that I see as well. 

One of my biggest complaints of these early debates of those that are in the hunt for the Republican nomination for the presidency is that in several of the debates, the questioning has been geared to those who are ahead in the polls. I have been very interested in seeing how some of the lesser known candidates would perform in the debates. There is just something about Mitt Romney that doesn't sit well with me, so though if given the choice of him or Obama, Romney would get my vote.

I was extremely interested in seeing what Rick Perry had to offer when he finally threw his hat into the proverbial ring.  I have not totally decided on how I feel about him, but in the debates that I have watched thus far that he has participated in, I have not been too impressed.  I have blogging friends in Texas who speak well of Perry and say I should not put too much into what we have seen in the debates so I have not completely ruled him out.

Anyway, back to Herman Cain.  As I have said, I have been a fan of Cain for a few years now.  I have been a little upset that he has not gotten too many opportunities to express himself in some of the previous debates.  In the Fox News/Google debate last week, Cain finally got an opportunity to answer more than a few questions.  The more that I hear from Herman Cain, the more I like what he has to offer, which is common sense solutions.

I hope that Cain's victory in yesterday's Florida straw poll will result in us getting to know more about the man and his ideas.  He is one of the few potential candidates that is offering specific solutions.  In my mind, Cain and Newt Gingrich are two of the smartest candidates that are currently in the mix.  I would like to see more of each of them rather than the ones that the media and GOP establishment are pushing.  Congratulations to Herman Cain, and I hope we get to see even more of him in the future.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails