Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Coming to a Menu Near You

I am all for a cleaner planet. In my junior high school days, I was a member of our ecology club. We went to local streams in our area, collected water samples, and tested them for various pollutants. I do not want to see black smoke spewing from factories. We should explore developing cleaner forms of energy.

I do recycle, and I have switched over to more energy efficient light bulbs. Conservation of our resources is a good thing. However, I am not a fan of the current "Green" movement. I have come to the conclusion that it is more an effort to exert control over our lives, and in particular our lifestyles. When I see news reports that show that Mars and Jupiter are also showing signs of "global warming" it leads me to believe that our Sun is the cause.

In another example of how insane the global warming cultists have gotten, in Britain, government advisers are developing menus to combat climate change by cutting out so called "high carbon" foods. According to their studies, lamb is one of the worst offenders. To produce 2.2 pounds of lamb, 37 pounds of carbon dioxide are produced. Beef is only slightly better. They also want to cut back on the consumption of tomatoes and alcoholic beverages.

If you don't think that this could happen here, then think about this. The Europeans are further along in following the global warming cultists. Barack Obama is doing everything he can to make the United States more like Europe. This is the road that Barack Obama and the other leftists are trying to take this country down.

3 comments:

  1. Wait a second.... these green folks have gone a bit too far. I'm like you. In favor of a cleaner planet and more efficient energy. But when they start messin' with my food and drink- It's time to speak up! They don't really want to cut back on tomatoes (pizza) and beer do they? What about beans? Is methane gas green?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I am talking about. It is all about control. Need to cut out the beans, too much methane. That is one of the reasons they don't like the sheep, belch too much methane. It is becoming insane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gave different information..
    I came to know about in Britain, government advisers are developing menus to combat climate change by cutting out so called "high carbon" foods. Thanks to gave different information......
    http://www.menusnearu.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails