Friday, December 12, 2008

Beer Update

As I mentioned last week, I went to the liquor store with the intention of treating myself to a better variety of beer and ended up settling for Bud Light instead of Busch Light. Well tonight, I stopped by to pick something up and ended up splurging on a 12-pack of Samuel Adams Winter Classics. This variety pack features 2 bottles each of 6 different Sam Adams beers; Boston Lager, Winter Lager, Cream Stout, Old Fezziwig Ale, Holiday Porter, and Cranberry Lambic. Tonight I enjoyed the two bottles of Winter Lager. I still like to have those everyday varieties of beer, but it was a real treat to enjoy a really good brew with the much richer flavor.

2 comments:

  1. Sam Adams creates some very fine beers but try you some Guinness Stout draft to reward yourself. Guinness is mother natures breastmilk to the masses. If you like something a little lighter, try Coors Winterfest (if you can find it).
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Guiness is a fine brew. Only in the last few years have I come to appreciate stouts and porters. One of the reasons I went with the Sam Adams winter collection was for the variety it offered.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails