Sunday, October 13, 2013

I Think the Coffee Machine at Work is a Dude!

The only way to #JumpStart your day @samsungca...
Flavia Machine via dickster1961

We have a Flavia machine in my office.  For those of you who do not know what it is, it is a single serve brewer that uses individual pouches to brew a cup of coffee or tea.  It can also be used to make cappuccinos and mochaccinos by combining two different pouches.

Unlike my Keurig K-Cup brewer, the Flavia machine has a sensor under the spout to prevent the brewer from brewing if there is nothing beneath the spout to catch the hot liquid.  I hate to admit this, but there has been more than one occasion when I began brewing a K-Cup and forgot to place a mug under the spout.  What a mess!  Sometimes you just operate on automatic first thing in the morning, and accidents happen.

Recently, I have been having a few issues with the Flavia machine at work.  As you can see in the picture above, when the machine is brewing, the liquid flows straight down, directly into the mug.  On more than one occasion, the machine has been a little less than accurate with the brewing of my beverage.  Instead of the drink flowing straight down into my mug, the drink sprayed either behind the mug or off to the side.  Not only do I not get a full beverage, but then I have a mess to clean up.

It reminded me of my when my son was learning to urinate in the toilet.  Let's just say that his aim wasn't the best.  Not that I myself am not subject to occasional bad aim, especially if I wake up in the middle of the night and need to relieve myself.  Sure, I have all sorts of reasons...er excuses.  Perhaps I didn't turn on the light because I didn't want to disturb anybody, perhaps I was sleepwalking, or I just didn't put on my glasses and couldn't see.  So that is the reason I think the coffee machine at work is a dude.

Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. I don't want to admit how many times I've failed to place a mug or coffee cup beneath my Keurig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done it a few times. It usually happens to me on a Monday. Normally, I keep a mug on the Keurig because I brew two mugs to put in a travel mug. On Sunday, I use that mug for my morning brew and then it goes in the dishwasher. When I go on autopilot, I just start the Keurig while going about the rest of my routine

      Delete
    2. doe your Keurig have a removeable botton tray and you can sit your ttravel mug right under it? I get away with using the k-cup twice to brew a full cup in the travel mug,I ljust lift the handel up slightly while the machine is pulling in more water and than dropping the handle back down,I can brew a second round using the same k-cup.(gotta streach the bucks somehow!)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails