Monday, August 27, 2012

Google Yourself

Have you ever Googled yourself just for the fun of it?  I will forego any sophomoric attempts at humor about how much fun googling oneself might actually be.  When I have entered my name "Dick Stone" in a Google search engine, I have found a few things about me personally, things like my Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn profiles, my blog, and photos that I have posted on those sites.

In addition to finding myself in a Google search, there are a few other interesting things that I have found as well.  In Australia, there is a meat supply company called Dick Stone Pty Ltd.  There is a communications company for hire at Dick Stone Communications.  You can find fine art at dickstone.com.  There is even another blogger named Dick Stone at dickstone.blogspot.com.  There are even more of us out there.

Then there are a few more notable folks that go by the same name as me.  In 1945, there was a pitcher for the Washington Senators.  When I was a kid, the Senators were my favorite baseball team.  Dick Stone did not have a very storied career, reaching the major leagues at the age of 33 and pitching in a total of 3 games. Stone pitched a total of 5 innings without giving up any runs

In another of my favorite sports, NASCAR, I found a Dick Stone that raced in the NASCAR Grand National Series in 1951 & 1954.  Again, not a storied career.  He participated in 4 races in 1951 and 1 race in 1954.  He didn't win any races.  His best finish was 10th and ended his career with career earnings of $125.

There were a couple other notables that came up in my search that go by my given name of Richard.  On the political front, there was Senator Richard Stone, a Democrat from Florida who served one term from 1974-1980.  He later served as Ambassador at Large to Central America and later as Ambassador to Denmark.  Lastly, there was a British Economist who won a Nobel Prize in Economics in 1984.

So, if you have never Googled yourself, give it a shot.  You never know what you might find.
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Alas, sophomoric attempts at humor are about all I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this! I have entirely too much personal information on the web and will fix it. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails