Saturday, February 26, 2011

Breast Milk Ice Cream

White mocha (coffee) ice cream and ice cream s...Image via WikipediaI love ice cream.  It has always been a weakness of mine.  It is nothing for me to polish off an entire pint of ice cream in one sitting.  I love all kinds of ice cream and just about any flavor.  It's all good.  I think my favorite flavor of ice cream is Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby.  Of course, Baskin & Robbins has another of my all time favorite flavors in their Baseball Nut ice cream.

I love ice cream so much that one year my wife and my son gave me the Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Cookbook and an ice cream maker.  Over the years, that machine has gotten a good bit of use.  Sometimes I would use the recipes in the cookbook and other times I adjusted the base recipe with some of my own creations.  Once I made Mango ice cream with fresh mangoes and another time a coffee based ice cream with chocolate covered almonds.

As adventurous as I would get in my ice cream sampling and creations, I also have to admit that for the most part I am not a very adventurous eater.  My wife complains that I need to be more willing to try different types of foods.  I get a little squeamish at the thought of eating certain foods.  I will not go into a lot of the details of what those things are.  I am so squeamish that sometimes the thought of eating certain foods would make me gag.

As is my custom, during my commute yesterday I was listing to talk radio on 630WMAL here in the DC area.  During one of the news breaks between segments of the show I was listening they alluded to the story of a shop in London that was selling an ice cream made with human breast milk.  The concoction is being sold under the flavor "Lady Gaga." I haven't fully decided how I feel about this, but I am leaning towards the squeamish side. 

It is not that I am squeamish about the idea of human breast milk per se.  After all, I was breast fed as a baby.  However, breast milk is meant for babies.  There is something a tad unsavory in the idea of a woman having her breast milk harvested for some purpose other than the feed a baby.  If the thought of an ice cream isn't enough to turn you off from trying "Lady Gaga," the price might be.  It is being sold at the premium price of approximately $23 per scoop.  That is a lot of Chubby Hubby.
Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. Well, I am squeamish about human breast milk, and my gag-reflex shifted into overdrive when I read the title to this piece. Thankfully, the keyboard and monitor were missed. I still have the floor to clean up, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm.. seriously don't how to react to this..where are they milking these women.. in a farm? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about that Fish.

    Lady Java, I had that same thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol ....mmm .... maybe i will consider twice buy or nope...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is udderly ridiculous. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails