Monday, May 4, 2009

Music Monday-Billy Currington "People Are Crazy"

When I first heard this song, it immediately reminded me of a night in my past. It is a story about a guy who meets an old man in a bar. They spend the evening drinking beer and telling stories.

The song took me back to a night several years ago in Hawaii. My in-laws took the entire family to Hawaii to celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary. One evening my brother-in-law and I decided to head to a bar we saw that advertised "Shower Dancing." However, when we got there we found out that the shower dancing was only on the weekends. Since we were already there, we decided to sit at the bar and have a few beers.

We ended up sitting next to an older Korean man who introduced himself as Mikey. We all sat around drinking beer and singing karaoke. Mikey sang a Korean song and when he finished he said "Not bad considering I no speak Korean." Then he held out a pouch of something that looked like shredded coconut and told us to try it. It was kind of chewy but not unpleasant. When we asked what it was, he told us "Dried squid." I am glad we didn't ask before hand.

The other reason I like this song is that it sort of sums up my philosophy of life: "God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy."




Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. One simple rule, leave ONLY the actual post link here. You can grab this code at LJL Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.



3 comments:

  1. I have never heard this but I so agree with it. Tremendous. Happy MM Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pretty new song. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really interesting.
    Happy MM to you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails