Tuesday, August 12, 2008

John Lennon's Killer Denied Parole


Good news out of the state of New York today. Mark David Chapman, was denied parole for the fifth time since he was imprisoned for his brutal execution of John Lennon on December 8, 1980. The New York State Division of Paroles denied the parole "due to concern for the public safety and welfare." Yoko Ono asked that the parole board deny his request for his own safety.

I still remember waking up to go to work and having my mother break the news to me that Lennon had been shot. In my early morning stupor, I hopefully asked if he was OK, and of course he had died. I was devastated. He had always been my favorite member of the Beatles and had just recently started a comeback with the release of "Double Fantasy" after years of being a househusband.

Mark David Chapman will be eligible for another parole review in 2010. Here is hoping that the good people of New York will continue to let locked up. I personally hope he is there the rest of his natural life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails