Thursday, January 14, 2010

Looking For Love...

LAS VEGAS - JANUARY 09:  Doug Hines, owner and...Image by Getty Images via Daylife
I heard about Roxxxy on the Sean Hannity radio program of all places when I was driving home from work last night.  Roxxxy is the latest in sex toys, but she is not your run of the mill blow up doll.  Roxxxy is a robot and is set to retail for $7000-$9000.  She (?) was introduced to the world at the recent Adult Entertainment Expo in Las Vegas last Saturday.

She is a life sized, anatomically correct robot fitted with artificial intelligence who can interact with users in simple conversation.  There are sensors throughout the robot that can sense when it is being touched.  A touch of the hand brings a response of how she enjoys holding hands.

The company that has produced Roxxxy is called True Companion.  She can be customized with one of five "girlfriend" personalities, like Wild Wendy or Frigid Farrah, though why anyone would want to spend 7 grand for a frigid sex robot is beyond me.  While she can talk and be customized, she can't move so she has to be carried everywhere.  Since she weighs 120lb, not an easy task.

About the only practical use that I could think of for Roxxxy, at least for me, is to have her in the passenger seat of my car (fully clothed) so that I can use the HOV2 lane to avoid the bumper to bumper traffic.  Though to be honest, it might be a better choice than the vacuum at a car wash.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

6 comments:

  1. Isn't this a hoot! I heard about Roxxy via the Huffington Post, keep your friends close, enemys, closer. Anyway, I left a nice comment with them on ol', sweet Roxxxy. So sad, if this is what life is coming to. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't it be easier to get a real girlfriend? Maybe not cheaper but a guy wouldn't have to lug her all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don, definitely a sad state of affairs. We are becoming increasingly more isolated from our fellow humans

    Jen, I don't know about easier but not as much fun as the real deal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I didn't realize that I was so far ahead of my time back during my wild days. For my old mantra used to be, "Eight to eighty. Crippled or crazy. If they can't walk, I'll drag 'em!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a sign of dark times ahead, no just in terms of sexuality, but in more broader terms of companionship. I mean, why bother having any friends or company when you can program a robot to be everything that you ever need?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails