Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Day After Christmas

Well it is the day after Christmas.  Time for everybody to hit the malls to exchange the gifts they didn't like and to use those gift cards.  I ventured out this morning to cash a check and to hit Best Buy to try to get the new Jimmy Buffett CD with a gift card I received.  Unfortunately they did not have it in stock.  Even if they did have it, I don't know if I would have had the patience to wait in the long line.

As I left the house, I noticed that nearly all of the snow from last week was gone.  Temperatures are a bit warmer this week and it had been raining most of the night.  I am particularly grateful for the warmer temps because the weatherman said we had over an inch of rain.  Had it been snow, we would have had another foot of snow.

The thing that was most enjoyable about our Christmas was how peaceful it was.  There was no music blasting next door and there was barking dog out back.  I guess our neighbor was celebrating the holiday with family or friends and had been away.  About an hour ago, I started to hear a dog barking.  I looked out the front window, and sure enough, our neighbors car is back.  Yep, Christmas is officially over.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails